Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services covering the following areas:
- Heart disease
- Cervical smears
- NHS Health Check
- Child health - the practice nurse gives routine childhood immunisations.
- Maternity - the midwife at the Keystone Centre will organise your maternity care.
- Contraception - the doctor and practice nurse are both happy to help with contraception including emergency methods.
- Immunisations - Flu immunisations are available from mid-October for those with health problems and those who are over 65.
- Holiday immunisations - usually available without charge for NHS patients.
- Ear syringing
- Annual Health Checks - recommended for over the 75s and also for diabetics and asthmatics. Other patients are welcome to attend for a routine health check with the nurse every 3 years.
Some services provided fall outside the scope of the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
Our reception staff will be happy to advise you about appointment availability and applicable charges.